Temperatures are rising, which means summer is just around the corner! While many prefer to indulge in our famous rolled wafers as they are, a large number of Pirouline fans are finding ways to enjoy their wafers as a straw in their favorite cold drink. Not only does adding this cookie provide extra sweetness, but it also saves a plastic straw! A win-win!
The majority of Piroulines found in stores are crème-filled, while we seasonally do produce chocolate-filled wafers in select stores. For this tutorial, you will need to get the crème-filled rolled wafers – don’t worry, we won’t make you throw away the creamy goodness once it is hollowed out! If you are looking to locate Piroulines in store, check out our Facebook and Instagram for posts about where Pirouline fans love to snag a tin.
To make a Pirouline Straw, you will need:
- 1 tin of Crème Filled Piroulines, your flavor of choice
- 1 reusable straw
- Cold drink (see list below of recommendations)
1. Pick your favorite flavor of Pirouline. For this one, we chose dark chocolate.
2. Find a reusable straw and insert it right through the middle, only halfway. Remove straw and repeat on the other end. Instead of using force, try twisting your straw to avoid breaking the wafer. Pro tip: The thinner the reusable straw, the better.
3. Remove plastic straw, and enjoy getting all the creamy filling out. No need to let that go to waste!
4. Repeat for as many rolled wafers as you’d like. We recommend doing a handful at a time, so when the urge hits to sip on something sweet, your straw is ready.
5. Enjoy your Pirouline with your favorite cold drink! We do NOT recommend attempting to drink hot liquids through the straw as those can cause burns… and melt your cookie!
Here are a few recipes for cool drinks you can enjoy with your new Pirouline straws!
Homemade Mocha Frappuccino Chocolate Freakshake
Boozy Funfetti Birthday Cake Milkshake
Pioneer Woman Perfect Iced Coffee
What other drinks do you recommend trying with your Pirouline straws? Leave a comment and let us know, and use #shareaswirl to be reposted on our social media channels. Good luck!