Cart total: $ 0.00
Steps to Complete
1. Prepare Pirouline Crunch Layer: Combine chocolate chips and butter in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 20 seconds at a time, stirring after each additional time, until all is melted together. Stir in nutella. Add Pirouline and graham cracker crumbs and stir to combine.
2. Line a round cake pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. Spoon chocolate crunch into prepared cake pan and spread to edges, smoothing to an even layer. Cover with wrap and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
3. Prepare Cake Layers: Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Line 2 round cake pans with parchment paper and grease well with cooking spray. In a small bowl, whisk together hot water and cocoa powder. Add buttermilk and vanilla. Set aside.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, incorporating well after each addition. Stir in baking soda and salt. Add 1/3 of the flour to the butter mixture, then half of the buttermilk combination. Add another 1/3 of the flour, followed by the remaining buttermilk combination. Finish off with the remaining flour, stirring just until incorporated.
5. Distribute cake batter evenly between prepared cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool in pans for 15 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
6. Prepare Chocolate Dream Frosting: Melt chocolate chips in a small bowl. Set aside. In a medium-sized bowl, beat butter till light and fluffy. Beat in cream cheese. Add Nutella. Stir in melted chocolate chips. Cover and place in fridge to chill until ready to use.
7. Assemble Pirouline Chocolate Crunch Cake: Trim cake layers. Spread a small amount of chocolate frosting in the center of the serving cake plate. Place one of the cake layers in the center of the cake plate. Frost cake layer evenly. Place Pirouline crunch layer on top of frosted cake layer. Frost crunch layer evenly. Top off with the second cake layer. Coat assembled cake with a thin layer of frosting, this is called a crumb coat. Evenly frost cake with the remaining frosting. Garnish and decorate as desired. Store in fridge until service.