The DeBeukelear Corporation produces the world famous Pirouline Rolled Wafers and has a job opening in Production Computer Programming / IT Department.
Definition and Nature of the Work
The Programming Technician is an important member of our technician team. By helping write and maintain PLC, robotic and automation programs, you will help keep our plant operational. This position will require excellent self-motivation and organizational skills, to learn and maintain programs. Any knowledge of basic IT will also be required to help keep our computer systems operational and updated.
The Programming Technician will report directly to our R&D management team, who will assign appropriate long term goals and objectives. The R&D manager will assign daily tasks, goals and measure performance. A comprehensive and detailed job description will be made to achieve the goals set forward by DBC’s project R&D group.
- Work on our current and new PLC Programs
- Knowledge of Epson Robots or be prepared to learn RC Plus 5.0, Omron and Arduino
- Work to maintain and create new Crystal Reports
- SQL Programming experience
- Basic understanding of electricity
- Basic IT knowledge – Help our IT consultant trouble shoot issues
- Communicate with the Plant Manager in regards with IT related issues
- Help with new hardware and software testing and implementation
- As a member of the R&D group, additional projects and tasks may be allocated
The Programming Technician will receive the necessary job training in house or through a 3rd party. The Human Resources and Quality Assurance Departments will be responsible for making sure that she/he has received SQF, GMP’s, Food Defense, and Safety training.
- Associate’s degree and/or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- Exceptional skills in organization, prioritization and time management
- Computer skills
- Should be able to work well under stress to meet project deadlines
- Excellent attention in detail
- Highly self-motivated individual
- Proactive team worker
- Written & Oral Skills
- Able to work flexible hours
- Live within reasonable distance of DBC production plant
- Production / Food Company experience