Definition and Nature of the Work
The Packaging Coordinator is an important member of our production team. Overseeing inventory and ordering materials according to the forecast and production schedule, are vital parts of our operation. This position will require excellent self-motivation and organizational skills. A good knowledge of packaging and manufacturing will be required to help keep our operation on schedule.
The Packaging Coordinator will report directly to our Packaging Manager, who will assign appropriate long term goals and objectives. The Packaging Manager will assign daily tasks, goals and measure performance of the Packaging Coordinator. A comprehensive and detailed job description will be made to achieve the goals set forward by DBC’s management.
- Inventory Management (Rotation, inventory levels, counts etc.)
- Cost Controls (packaging cost and freight cost)
- Forecast (Just in Time inventory)
- New packaging design / new items (samples, pallet patterns, QA/sales paperwork)
- Production Controls (what we are running vs what packaging is on floor)
- Staging – organizing staging and return to stock areas for best process flow
- Manage material handlers
- Organize and maintain packaging warehouse.
- Monitor production waste of packaging materials.
- Microsoft Office
- Math skills (calculate run rates and waste)
- Analytical (able to solve issues with delays, changes and inventory)
- Sense of urgency
- Available 24 hours a day to take calls from plant (if needed)
- Forklift operation
The Packaging Coordinator will receive the necessary job training in house or through a 3rd party. The Human Resources and Quality Assurance Departments will be responsible for making sure that she/he has received SQF, GMP’s, Food Defense, and Safety training.
- Associate’s degree and/or Bachelor’s degree in Business.
- Exceptional skills in organization, prioritization and time management
- Computer skills
- Should be able to work well under stress to meet project deadlines
- Excellent attention in detail
- Highly self-motivated individual
- Proactive team worker
- Written & Oral Skills
- Able to work flexible hours
- Live within reasonable distance of DBC production plant
- Packaging / Production / Food Company experience