The DeBeukelear Corporation produces the world famous Pirouline Rolled Wafers and has a job opening for an Audit Lead in our Quality Assurance Department.
Definition and Nature of the Work
The Audit Lead is an important member of our Quality Assurance (QA) team. Overseeing product labeling, nutrition information, spec sheets, required audit paperwork and keeping updated on current laws are a few of the important tasks required in this position. The Audit Lead will work directly with our Quality Manager and be a direct report to our Plant Manager who will assign appropriate long term goals and objectives. A comprehensive and detailed job description will be made to achieve the goals set forward by DBC’s management.
- Prepare for audits
- Product Package Labeling
- Nutrition information and labeling
- Spec Sheets for new items
- QA paperwork (SOP’s. weight sheets, metal checks, etc.)
- Internal Audits
- GMP Training
- New Employee Training / Onboarding for QA Dept.
- Procedure audits
- Microsoft Office
- Sense of urgency
The Audit Lead will receive the necessary job training in house or through a 3rd party. Human Resources and the Quality Manager will be responsible for making sure that she/he receives SQF, GMP, Food Defense, HACCP, FSMA and Safety training.
- Associate’s degree and/or Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance
- Exceptional skills in organization, prioritization and time management
- Computer skills
- Should be able to work well under stress to meet project deadlines
- Excellent attention in detail
- Highly self-motivated individual
- Proactive team worker
- Written & Oral Skills
- Able to work flexible hours
- Live within reasonable distance of DBC production plant
- Quality Assurance / Labeling / Production / Food Company experience
- Audit experience