Cart total: $ 0.00
Steps to Complete
1) Line a 9x13" baking dish with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
2) In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup flour, and cookie crumbs. Using hands, press butter into crumb mixture until well combined and a wet sand texture is reached.
3) Press cookie crust combination evenly into the bottom of the parchment lined baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, prepare lime custard. Whisk together 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1/4 cup flour, eggs, lime zest, lime juice, and desired amount of green food coloring. Whisk until sugar is dissolved, 2-3 minutes.
5) Set green custard aside for 10 minutes. Whisk once more and pour over baked cookie base.
6) Bake lime custard topped cookie base at 350-degrees for 20-25 minutes more. Cool completely, at least 30 minutes, on a wire rack. Run knife around the edge or bars and lift parchment paper from baking pan. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar and continue to cool another hour before slicing into bars and serving.
7) Makes 24 bars. *Note: A half recipe was made in photos.